- Role Type
- Hove (with travel to London)
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to IT, Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
The successful candidate will be the Personal Assistant to the IT Director.
- Responsible for the proactive management of the Group IT Director’s diary, including the optimisation of time spent both in various locations and of time spent travelling, making necessary travel and other logistic arrangements. To include travel arrangements in UK and Overseas.
- Responsible for the active management of the Group IT Director’ electronic inbox – including proactively forwarding and delegating matters raised to the appropriate member of their Leadership team and responding to invitations and meeting requests.
- Provide proactive diary support to one other director (IT Strategy Director).
- Lead and organise Events / Away Days / Conferences
- Work closely with the Head of Business Performance on various projects.
- Line management of Team PA Line to ensure that admin tasks within Group IT are actioned (including new joiners, desk and move management, organisation charts, distribution lists, stationery ordering)
- Administration: Initiate payment of invoices/expenses using GFAS and dealing with queries which subsequently arise. Maintain other Group systems for the Group IT Director as required. Managing the filing and having archiving ownership. Keep accurate and confidential records in respect of Direct Report’s holidays, sickness, expenses, corporate hospitality and entertaining etc in order that Group and department reports are accurate and comply with Group standards.
- Proactively plan and prepare required papers in advance of meetings ensuring the Director of Group Finance is aware of their own action points from previous meetings so that any outstanding actions can be quickly addressed.
- Skills Required
- Educated to at least A level standard. A track record of equivalent in role experience desirable.
- Office services, facilities and processes
- Proven experience as a senior PA within a large organisation as well as experience of managing small projects.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as other administrative applications used within L&G from time to time.
- Excellent organisation skills. Experience and ability to prioritise busy workload, work to importance and deadlines and to be flexible in a continuously changing environment.
- Capable of dealing with all problems that arise in the Group IT Director’s absence and confident in making decisions on their behalf where appropriate. Seek proactive resolution and continuously suggest ways to improve existing processes and procedures.
- Capable of working alone and unguided, dealing with any situation that arises and doing all necessary advance work for the Group IT Director to minimise their workload. Provide a consultative approach to the requirements of the Group IT Director and with peers.
- Demonstrate accuracy at all times, as the jobholder will often send out reports, papers and correspondence on behalf of the Group IT Director.
Tolerance of Pressure
- Flexible enough to cope with demands, deadlines and pressures and remain calm in role. Required to deal appropriately at director and senior executive level with relevant pressures. Ability to work at pace.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills at all levels, including a professional telephone manner and the ability to create a strong internal and external network.
- The jobholder is required to work as part of a team, building up good relationships with not only the Group IT Director and the Leadership team but also other groups within L&G and L&G Group, irrespective of location and including external contacts. Take a proactive approach to co-ordinating activity, assisting peers and sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Full liaison with the Senior Leadership teams of L&G, the wider Group and their support staff as well as the Executives.
- The job will be split between London Coleman Street and Hove, so the successful candidate will be expected to travel between sites. Occasional out of hours support required as the Group IT Director often starts early/is travelling and working/travelling late.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org.