Customer Service Consultant - Register your interest now!
- Role Type
- Up to £17,500
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Manage customer contact, across a range of customer processes, ensuring the majority of requests are dealt with on a one-stop basis and referrals are managed and resolved to secure a comprehensive and efficient service where the customer is treated fairly and that a positive relationship is built with them so that they continue to stay with us.
- Pro-actively manage relationships with Customers, IFA’s and internal departments, especially around key events in Customer Applications Support and Customer Service, through professional communication, promotional activity and resolving service issues where possible at first point of contact.
- Continually improve customer processes by seeking regular feedback and raise issues and areas of concern so that tangible improvements can be recommended. Support the implementation of subsequent changes, to ensure that operational efficiencies and improvements in service are delivered and measured.
- Support opportunities to retain business, by understanding fully what a customer is asking for and providing a tailored response or passing a lead through to the appropriate sales channel via the agreed process.
- Undertake complaint handling following defined processes to their conclusion or recognise the appropriate point at which to hand over to others.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements, e.g. breach knowledge and adherence to L&G Company Policy and Procedures, including following L&G TCF policy, to minimise risk to L&G and its customers.
- Actively work on own development to ensure you are consistently demonstrating company values and capabilities resulting in improved skills and knowledge in products and processes, which will benefit the quality of service provided to customers.
- To identify customer needs and providing sales through service.
- Talking confidently about products and services that Legal and General offer at every opportunity.
- Skills Required
- Previous Customer Services experience
- Good Communication skills
- Good Phone Manner
- Computer literate
- Ability to work within a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to work to targets
- Strong Team Working Skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The anticipated start date for this position will be in January. Interviews will take place throughout October and November.
Full training will be given. The training will run over 6 consecutive weeks and therefore no holiday can be accomodated during this time.
Typical working patterns would be a 35 hour week within the opening hours 8.30am - 6pm, Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm on Saturdays ( This is on a shift rota which includes around 1 in four Saturdays ).
As part of your customer service calls, you will be required to review customer policies and identify any additional needs and refer to the relevant department. These referals will give you the opportunity to earn an on target bonus every month, subject to achieving monthly objectives.
For further information, please contact Alyson.email@example.com