Financial Crime Associate (London or Cardiff based)
- Role Type
- Cardiff or 1 Coleman Street, London
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Contribute to the creation, implementation and delivery of a comprehensive, risk-based Due Dilligence framework for clients, counterparties and LGIM subsidiaries covering all businesses under scope and which reflects all relevant regulatory requirements inpacting these businesses.
- Complete assessment and review of high risk customers and relationships including PEPs and Sanctions. This includes liasison with Group Financial Crime for any delegated screening activity. Oversight of operational review and monitoring of identified matches.
- Complete all types of suspicious activity investigations for LGIM (H) UK entities in a professional and timely manner and to a consistently high standard, producing reports that are suitable for senior management and external bodies, including FCA and NCA.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant rules and legislation, analyse developing regulation for impact on the businesses under scope, work with business areas to meet any new regulatory requirements, in development of LGIM (H) policy and procedure for financial crime control including AML, fraud, bribery & corruption, and Market Abuse.
- Assist the Head of Financial Crime and Financial Crime team in completing second line assurance reviews on first line activity, including producing reports of the outsome to a high standard.
- Produce clear and to-the-point management information for various groups, committees and team meetings.
- Support the Head of Financial Crime in delivering an efficient financial crime risk framework. Assist in the Identification of emerging financial crime/money laundering issues and risks and recommend appropriate mitigation.
- Skills Required
- Sufficient commercial perspective and overall knowledge of business sectors in which LGIM operates
- Excellent communication & Written skills
Regulatory & Legislative
- Working knowledge of UK, EU &Global fraud and money laundering legislation
- Knowledge of investigation principles and practice in order to provide authoritative guidance to investigators.
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant commercial or professional qualification
- Specific Experience
- Understanding and experience of UK criminal law and its application to financial crime
- Understanding of UK regulatory framework
- Good analytical skills and industry awareness including of emerging regulation to identify the impact on the business areas and developing strategies and ability to work proactively with business areas to meet all new regulatory requirements.
- Ability to analyse data using pivot tables, macros and be familiar with data visualisation software such as Tableau.
- Ability to work efficiently with the Head of Financial Crime and other senior compliance managers to successfully support the MLRO function and Compliance projects, by proactively developing effective and efficient methods and tools to manage compliance workload and supporting/covering fellow team members on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to work with other compliance team members and business colleagues to promote a good conduct risk and compliance culture so that regulatory expectations are exceeded
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure high quality delivery of management information and presentation in meetings and other forums where the Compliance Manager will represent Compliance.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and ability to work effectively, both individually and within a team to deliver good quality monitoring reviews on time and ensure mitigating actions are followed up comprehensively and on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain effective relationships with management and external parties, such as suppliers and outsourcers, to enable the delivery of practical solutions to problems or the implementation of improved systems, processes or controls.
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach while contributing to the development and implementation of a comprehensive, risk-based compliance monitoring programme for each business area which reflects relevant regulatory requirements impacting the business.
- Demonstrate curiosity and ability to challenge whilst undertaking risk assessments, projects, reviews and surveillance.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.